We have added a new type of guest book to our homes. They are more like
journals where guests can share experiences and tips in addition to their memories.
To read many actual comments from the Guest Journal at Idyll-by-the-Sea Two,
just scroll down this web page...
|About Idyll-by-the-Sea Two|
- Thank you so much for the opportunity to stay in your beautiful beach home. We absolutely
loved the well-appointed kitchen. We ended up eating every single meal here soaking up
time by the beach.
— The B family; March 11, 2018
- There are so many good things to say about your house! A couple of my girlfriends joined us
midweek so there were 11 of us plus 2 dogs. We have stayed at some very nice homes in Emerald
Isle and the Outer Banks. But your home has such character and charm. I can tell it is made up
of your heart and soul. Thank you for a lovely family vacation. The grandkids played in the ocean
and swam in the pool everyday (even on the cool days). Even the toddler went in the ice cold ocean.
Everywhere I turned I discovered another Easter decoration. The live orchids were very beautiful.
All of the thoughtful extras like the nice toiletries in the bathroom, bountiful bath towels, well
stocked kitchen -appreciated all of the labeling! Thanks for the welcoming supplies for the dogs!
— The H family, April 9, 2018
- Life has finally settled down and we wanted to reach out and thank you for such a lovely stay in
Idyll-by-the-Sea Two. It was such a wonderful place to have our wedding. We had a perfect day
(literally, the weather could not have been more beautiful) and the house was everything we dreamed
it would be and more. We are so grateful for the time we spent there and we can't thank you enough
for having us. Idyll was an absolute joy and your organization was very much appreciated! We have
made memories that will last for our entire lifetime. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you.
— September 27, 2017
My family and I cannot thank you enough for allowing us to stay in your beautiful home. We had
three grandmothers there so you can imagine that your kitchen was bustling! I miss waking up
to those beautiful sunsets every morning! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving with your
family. I am attaching a photo of our feast (right).
— The H family, November 29, 2016
Thanksgiving fest photo from a guest
- Great getaway from our hectic lives - thank you for reminding us what is
important in life - great friends and time to relax. Thank you for your
— The N family, September 8, 2016
- I wanted to let you know that we sincerely enjoyed the time we spent at your home. We
loved the pool and the beautiful views from the porches. We made dinner several times,
the kitchen is to die for. What a joy to cook with that view! We worked several puzzles
during the rain and read lots of magazines. Thank you again for your hospitality, we
could not have enjoyed our trip more.
— The N family, September 18, 2016
- As a luxury vacation home owner who also rents, I can be somewhat "picky" when it comes
to choosing a vacation home for my family. I think my opinion may perhaps matter more than
some. Idyll-by-the-Sea is certainly the finest beach house I have ever rented. Exceptionally
well-equipped, in fact stunningly well equipped, the house is likely your best choice in the
area for a large, luxury rental. Beautifully situated directly on the beach, Idyll is well
laid out, lovingly maintained, and perfect in virtually every way. Most importantly, you may
rest assured the house is not only as good as advertised, but even better than you expect
when you arrive. I strongly suggest a visit to their website prior to making your decision.
A VRBO ad can only go so far in showing a house's features. Theirs is a comprehensive
website well worth the visit. The owner is very helpful, easy to work with and a font of
good information. I have, literally, not a single complaint about my stay at Idyll-by-the-Sea,
and plan to return.
— The P Family, September 8, 2016
- Thank you for sharing your beautiful home with us!
— The H family, August 27, 2016
- We all had the best week at your house that we could have had. The house contains everything
one could need, in fact, if you need something and it is not there, you don't need it. The
weather was perfect, sunny every day with enough breeze to keep it comfortable. The food was
so good that no one went out for dinner the entire week. We fished, flew kites, walked the
beach several times a day, swam in the pool often, watched turtles hatch, and really relaxed.
Our golden, Stella did not want to leave! Your house is so well designed, furnished and
decorated that it leaves virtually nothing to be desired.
— The W Family, August 22, 2016
- It has been about 24 hours and all I can say is jaw-dropping spectacular.
Exceeds our expectations by a mile. Group saw a turtle hatching last nite
and it was a once in a lifetime experience. Thanks for the best place on the beach!
— The W Family, August 14, 2016
- I just wanted to let you know how much we enjoyed Idyll. It was the perfect place for
us; lots of space for gathering together, but plenty of space too for privacy and a
place to get away. It is so well set up for families. It also has every conceivable
convenience, or appliance one could want or need. We just had a wonderful time and
having the perfect house right on the ocean made it a vacation we will long remember!
— The H Family, August 8, 2014
- The house was absolutely PERFECT for our family. Everything was exactly as you
said it would be on the website. Your attention to detail is phenomenal! All
the extras you provided were fantastic — beach chairs, beach towels, toys,
bed rails, large pot for a great low-country boil, internet, pool and beach toys,
etc., etc. I could go on and on. Thanks for the great memories you helped to
provide to our Family. It is greatly appreciated!
— The E Family, May 31, 2014
- Wanted to personally reach out and thank you for sharing the beauty of your piece of paradise with us.
It was truly a retreat for mind, body, and soul. For this we all... Thank you!!! All worked out the way
it was supposed to. Truly a magnificent home on a paradise setting. Embracing Idyll has allowed us time
for Life. The energy and love put into your homes is quite evident. Thank you. Look forward to booking
— The M Family, February 2014
- Just wanted to let you know we had a wonderful time staying at your home. It is a fantastic
place to meet with friends. We loved the hot tub and the sun was out the whole time. We did have
a brief storm go through Friday night, didn't last long. In the morning the sun was out again!!
Some of us even got our feet in the ocean. Thanks again for your wonderful accommodations.
— The G Family, January 2014
- Your house provided the perfect sanctuary from the harsh weekend weather. It was certainly more than
enough space for our family gathering. We hope we will have other opportunities to rent your home.
— The D Family, December 2013
- We had such a wonderful time in your fabulous home. My mom is still on cloud nine. She stayed up late each
night and got up early -- didn't want to miss a beat. The weather was so nice and we spent tons of time on
the deck and on the beach. We were walking Friday a.m. and came across a loggerhead turtle nest hatching.
The preservation guy was there and gave us the whole run down on their mission. We returned to nest
later that afternoon while they dug up rest of eggs. It was great for the kids to see and learn and
fascinating to all. Again, thank you for letting us rent your lovely beach property and I appreciate
you allowing us all to gather there on Saturday for the party. My children would love to rent your home
again in the summer. Liz was fabulous. She called soon after we arrived and offered for me to call
her with any questions. I did several times. She's a gem and so professional! Thanks again!
— The N Family, November 2013
- Just wanted to tell you that the house was wonderful! The beach, the beautiful house, and
family made it a relaxing time. We did not want to leave and will look for another
opportunity to stay at your beautiful house. Thank you so much.
— The W Family October 2013
- Just a quick note to thank you for allowing us to rent your beautiful home in
NC. We all had a wonderful time and have already begun discussing a return visit
next year! ... It's a lovely property and we all had a great time. It's exactly as
you've pictured it on your site (which is not often the case). You and your family
should be very proud of Idyll-By-The-Sea-Two. Thanks again.
— S Family September 2013
- A special thank you again for making this an AMAZING trip for our families!
We created wonderful memories. We had such a great time and our families
loved the home.....we just couldn't wait to show it off!
— T M Family February 2013
- An amazing home! I hesitate to write a good review for fear too many will discover this
wonderful house and we will no longer be able to afford to come nor find a vacant
week; however, I must be honest and say that although we have stayed at many beautiful
homes in Hilton Head, Destin, and Charleston, Idyll by the Sea ranks with the best of
them. We especially love the fact that this house is so handicap friendly. My elderly
father is able to navigate around this house beautifully and the walk in shower is
fantastic. Carol makes sure that her guests are cared for and does so many extra
things, such as providing literally every thing that we could possibly need in the
kitchen and the bathrooms, including providing comfortable robes. We hope to continue
to vacation at this lovely home at least twice a year--that is, until others discover
this wonderful home and we can't find a vacant week!
- Everything was perfect. The house was more amazing than I could have hoped. My son and
daughter loved their rooms. The baby equipment and dishes made everything effortless to
take care of our daughter. Everything we could have dreamed of was there. The pool was
lovely and for the most part the rain held off. My aunt who was an antique dealer was
blown away as we looked at every item that was placed with great care. My grandmother did
well and the handicapped accessible suite was perfect for her at 96! The welcome gift was
lovely and our son was so excited. The spa suite was amazing and my wife and I enjoyed it.
Basically everything was as you wished for us and we wanted you to know we appreciate
you and Jerry and the staff for a great vacation. Thanks again!
- The house was really amazing....I mean seriously the pictures don't even begin
to describe how great it is!
- Many thanks again for your home this week. The meeting was a success
as well as a little rest over the weekend! The house is absolutely
beautiful and perfect.
- We have so enjoyed our stay in your home. It's hard to
believe that the days have flown by so fast. Not looking
forward to having to leave tomorrow. . Everything in your
home is beyond our expectations, beautiful and expertly
decorated and we couldn't have stayed in a nicer home.
We will be back.
- We had a wonderful time. When my mother saw the house she was in
joyful tears. She had seen the pictures on the internet but it's
different when you see the house in person. She and my sister
commented that you have fabulous taste in decorating. The chefs
in the family were amazed with the kitchen as well. Both my sister
and my mother said it was the best vacation they've had in a long time.
My 3-year old and 5-year old loved it too. They were happy to have a
TV and DVD player in their room (the girl's room on the third floor).
They loved making sand castles on the beach and collecting sea shells.
They loved fighting the waves and loved having meals on the balcony.
- THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! Everyone desperately wanted to extend our
vacation, and you made it happen. And, your home is 100% perfect. Idyll
is the most well-stocked, ready-to-have-fun home any of us had ever stayed
in! We are trying to plan our next visit before we even leave!!! I cannot
thank you enough. What a great house. PS - You will have to come decorate
my next house!
- Wow. It is Saturday night...our first night in your fabulous home. Thank
you! I think the same week might be just what we need in 2012 too!
- Thank you for sharing your beautiful home with us once again.. We had an
absolutely fabulous time. Your home was better than we had remembered (and
believe me our memories are five star!). It was wonderful to have the extra
day as well. Having a full weekend made a big difference.
I just wanted to thank you once again for your warm hospitality and
thoughtfulness to ensure our vacation was a success.
- Amanda is wonderful and so helpful. All of her staff were well mannered and
personable upon our arrival. We had a terrific week at Idyll Two and loved
every minute. Your house is absolutely beautiful and you (and your staff)
do a terrific job of making visitors feel welcome. Thank you so much for
the wonderful gift basket we received upon arrival - the wine was fabulous.
We made every dinner at home for the week, except for one take out pizza night.
I loved how you labeled all the drawers, cupboards, light switches, etc.
Definitely made things easier, especially in the kitchen.
- Just wanted to let you know that I was able to join my family for a few days
last week and it was just what I needed to recharge.
The house was spectacular and we all enjoyed its many delightful features.
- Idyll Two is a very special house and was the perfect setting for our family
celebration. From the location to the warm, comfortable, inviting decor,
fresh herb garden, easy beach access plus so many special touches
throughout. Each day I enjoyed spotting something new and interesting. My
granddaughter especially loved her very own sink and toilet which she was
able to reach on her own.
- We wanted to tell you how much we enjoyed staying at Idyll-by-the-Sea Two.
What a beautiful home. It was by far the most beautiful, (best) well
equipped, and cleanest beach home we have ever stayed in, and we have been
renting beach houses for 18 years! By the way, we loved the kitchen and all
the labels! What a great idea for placement and keeping track fo things. The
decor through the whole house was fabulous! My husband and I stayed in the
"spa suite" and loved it. I felt like I was staying at the Ritz! Thanks so
much for sharing your beach house.
- We had a wonderful time -- it is just a beautiful property and it is
obvious how loved the home is. We are sincerely appreciative of the
visit and hope to be back soon. Off season is just great! We had such
a nice time and the weather and people were great in N. Topsail. What a
great place to stay to be introduced to this area. We appreciate your
thoughtfulness in getting us not only the reservation and in, but while
we were there and all of the helpful things you told us as well as the
amenities at the property.
- This home is above and beyond. I have seen many houses but this is one of
my favorites of all! You have such great taste. Thank for sharing your home
with us. What a wonderful experience! It is truly a "home" not just a house!
- We have had an absolute lovely time- The ocean has been constantly in our
sight and hearts. We love the quiet and have so appreciated the amenities
and our time together to renew for another year.
- First, I want to tell you that we absolutely loved your home. It was as
advertised. We had a great week.
- I want to take the time to write you a thorough message in an effort to try
to explain our deep appreciation for what was the most wonderful, relaxing
and comfortable vacation EVER. Some may think Disneyworld makes dreams
come true, but your home brought alive and satisfied dreams we never knew we
had. Pure joy. pure gratitude to you and Jerry - the appreciation we
felt upon entering your luxurious and beautiful home. We felt like movie
stars! Every single square inch of your home was as perfect as one could
ever imagine. We cared for it with the same respect and appreciation that
we care for our own belongings. My children felt like we were in a
museum!!! And, our little one. well she was overwhelmed with
Ashley's bedroom! I think there was something hypnotic about your home!
She has never been so amused and peaceful and well behaved as she was there.
You thought of everything when it comes to making a family comfortable.
The toddler-sized potty and sink were the highlight for our little one.
For all, it was a little slice of heaven on earth! Having to leave your home
was sad for myself and my children (all of us had tears in our eyes when we
shut the front door for the last time. With deep gratitude, thank you,
Carol, Jerry and Ashley for allowing us to stay in and enjoy your home!
- We loved the house and hope to enjoy many more vacations here
- What a beautiful house! Thank you!
- The house is so beautiful and all the furniture is SO comfortable. We loved
the house so much we stayed in for dinner every night. Thanks for sharing
it. We hope to be back next year. The kids loved the pool table and ping
pong. The pool was great and we swam every day. Loved the décor of the house
and all the decks. Thank you again!
- We so loved the house that we didn't venture far from he house-the grocery
store was our only stop!
- We have stayed at many beautiful places, but none have been as relaxing or
as comfortable as this house. The overall comfort and beauty grab you the
minute you enter the house and stay with you the whole time! I can't
remember ever staying in EVERY day on my trip. We love the house and the
memories we shared with our friends this week are priceless. We all agree
this should be an annual trip. Thank you for sharing your home!
- What a spectacular house. Warm and cozy décor. We had ever been to the
area before. What a treasure! Hope to come back next year. We really
appreciate that you ail agree to accommodate our dogs. They love the
house, the beach, the fenced runs.
- Had a wonderful stay. Wonderful house.
- Hi Carol -- I wanted to drop you a line thanking you for a wonderful visit
to Idyll by the Sea. We also received all of your goodies and appreciated
those very much, too! Thanks so much for your thoughtfulness.
- We had an absolutely unforgettable week there at the beach. It was such a
nice and relaxing stay. For the most part, we even had pretty decent
weather. Everyone really enjoyed themselves and could not say enough great
things about your beautiful home. We are all very grateful for the
wonderful location and amenities! We made some more precious memories that
we will cherish forever and never forget.
- Coming back to reality has been quite an adjustment! I think everybody is
suffering from post Idyll-by-the-Sea depression (is there a pill for
that??). Unfortunately, we completely forgot to sign your guest book this
year. Things got so hectic that it slipped our minds...so I wanted to
extend our gratitude and let you know how enjoyable our vacation was. Thanks
again and all the best-
- Watching a thunderstorm rolling across the intra-coastal from the screen
porch and watched it move out to sea from the deck.
- Carol, we had a wonderful (did I say that before?) two weeks! This house is
perfect. Comfortable. Luxurious. Accommodating. We have truly enjoyed
every moment we are together. It was also perfect-- thanks for sharing your
lovely home and allowing us to make such special memories here.
- Carol, words cannot articulate the incredible time we all had. We
absolutely love your home and appreciate you sharing it with us. There's so
many memories from watching my mother and father looking on the ocean for
the first time in their lives to the big family portrait we took on your
balcony and on the beach... Long beach walks collecting shells sand-stones
shark teeth. Flying kites, fishing, throwing Frisbees and baseball-boogie
boarding, watching our lab, seven years old, play in the water... he
absolutely loved the water! Although he was a big scared baby when crabs
came close!. He slept on the screen in porch every night he would get the
big orange shell and sleep with it on his bed! I'm afraid he doesn't want
- The place was wonderful-all we could ask for-- and more-- thank you for
letting us experience a bit of heaven.
- We love the kitchen and how so much we stayed here and ate every meal and
- Carol-it's rare in this world that your expectations are met and
exceeded-and that was definitely the case with Idyll-by-the-Sea! Thank you
--We really were impressed with the house and all the personal touches. You
really thought of everything in putting the house together. We love the
decorations and my two-year-old loves the child's sink and toilet. Even
inspired us to decorate in interesting ways like you have. I can see us
coming back here again. The beach was probably one of the nicest we have
seen. Thank you for sharing your beautiful house!
- Your lovely house was a delight. Children enjoyed the play ran, beach,
toys, and coming together as cousins. We never left! Saw a young sea
turtle beaching and then the rescue group coming to care for her-was
amazing! Ocean was warm, sky was clear. I live in Myrtle Beach, but this
house is the greatest I have seen-
- Your house is amazing! Thank you for making it feel like home-so many
wonderful details-we loved it!
- We had a wonderful time at Idyll this past week. Thank you for helping to
make a dream come true for our family. Words cannot describe how moving it
was to see my mother and father in-law put their feet in the ocean for the
first time in their almost 80 years. We all dressed in white and khaki for
a family photo that will mark the occasion for generations to come.
- Your home is superb.
- We love your home - it is exquisite!
- This home is impeccable.
- There can't be a better set of porches from which to drink a cup of coffee and watch the sunrise!
- We never left the property, except to the grocery store :-)
- This house is magical - Thanks for sharing!
- Thanks so much for sharing your lovely home. It is incredible!
- Your home is incredible. You have made it such a wonderful vacation. Thanks for the memories.
- I wanted to let you know that our stay was one of the best vacations ever. The house was completely
relaxing. The weather was great. The decks made for a great place to hang out after the kids were
down for the night. The pool and beach combination was perfect for younger children.
- You have done an amazing job. Even as well done as the website is you can't appreciate the
size of the house until you are there. We had thirteen people and three dogs and the general
comment was that it never felt like you were on top of one another. There was ample room for
our entire party to spread out and relax.
- I wanted to let you know that we had the BEST time in your home. It was
wonderful having our whole family together in such a beautiful setting.
Your home is absolutely amazing, there is not a detail that you have not
- We had SUCH a good time in your home. It was everything and then some for
all of us. No one was crowded in, there is space for everyone to be and can
choose to be together or alone.. I loved that we could all sit in the great
room and on something comfy.
- I loved the kitchen and having two dishwashers etc... and could go on an
on.. all the little touches were amazing.
- It was a treat and accommodated our every need-- from the handicap accessible bathroom and
elevator, to the pool and sand toys, to the well appointed (and labeled)
kitchen for preparing Christmas dinner.
- The beach was beautiful and provided a perfect get-a-way to relax
and go for a jog. I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to
stay at Idyll-by-the-sea Two.
- I wanted to drop you a quick note and tell how absolutely perfect your home
is in Topsail -- pictures just do not do it justice!
- We had an absolutely unforgettable week there at the beach. It was such a
nice and relaxing stay. Everyone really enjoyed themselves and could not
say enough great things about your beautiful home. We are all very grateful
for the wonderful location and amenities! We made some more precious
memories that we will cherish forever and never forget.
- I just wanted to tell you how wonderful your home is! Everything is working
great and it's so organized and functions so well! We enjoyed a fire in the
screened in porch while we watched the sunset last night and were just
speechless! Thanks so much for your enabling us to enjoy this place and I'll
write more and send pictures later! Oh, and thanks for the welcome bag as
|About Idyll-by-the-Sea Two (continued)|
- We loved sunsets by the fire on the fenced in porch and reading by
the fire in the family room. The sauna and steam shower are TOPS! The
quality of all the contents of this home is outstanding, from the Italian
linens, French dinnerware, hardwood floors, gorgeous tiles, plus the extra
effort in supplying special places for the children are beyond compare. I
don't think I will ever be able to stay anywhere else at Topsail. The Master
Suite was our haven and so relaxing. We needed this getaway so much and
had such a wonderful time enjoying our four month old grandson. He loved the
bouncy chair that was there. I long to come back when the hubby and I can
enjoy the balcony off the fourth floor, when it is warmer, so I can sleep
out there and hear the ocean roar. It reminds me of the balcony on a
cruise ship. Thank you!
- This is a beautiful home! We loved the gorgeous sunrise, the stars, the
fog rolling in, the rainbow, the gulls and pelicans, and the dolphins
playing by the shore. We even had a swan in the pool one morning! Our 9
month old daughter enjoyed her first trip to the beach and it was a
delight to watch her in the water and on the sand. Thank you for sharing
your home with us. It has truly been a blessing.
- We enjoyed our relaxing stay. We read, swam, ate like kings, fished, played
cards and relaxed some more. Our favorite part of our stay was all the
laughter amongst our family, the gorgeous views, and the rainbow coming
out of the water.
- Our son married the love of his life on the beach in front of Idyll. They had
a bamboo alter to stand under. It was a gorgeous wedding. We enjoyed the
reception around the pool, eating, drinking and dancing. Everyone had a
wonderful time. The simple things in life are the best things.
- I experienced one of the most perfect and wonderful days of my life marrying
my love. The wedding on the beach was fabulous. Seeing him for the first
time under the alter as he waited for me was my favorite moment.
- We enjoyed swimming in the pool and playing on the beach, flying
kites. We loved Surf City Crabs.
- Your house is perfect! We enjoyed riding on our kayaks in the ocean,
making pizza, and the endless routine of beach-pool-eat-nap-fish! The
weather was gorgeous and the light of the full moon on the water was
- We had such an incredible vacation and really don't want to leave! The
beach was so perfect and we ate amazing meals in this house with the
gourmet kitchen. We had so much fun with our family and friends.
- We had a lovely time. Our favorite part was watching the grandchildren
play and enjoy themselves.
- We had a great time swimming, playing at the beach, fun family meals,
football, fishing, building sand castles, walking on the beach and
watching movies. It was nice to spend time together for a whole week.
Thank you! We had an amazing time.
- I highly recommend Crab Pot and JGs Fish Market in Surf City. Our
favorite moment was seeing a turtle nest hatch on the beach one night.
We enjoyed two glorious weeks in our favorite place. Thank you so much!
We all love it here and you've made us feel so at home. This is really
such a special place. I can't wait until next year already!
- The house was simply amazing! All the amazing views and accommodations.
The amenities truly make this house a home. There was nothing we could
have needed that wasn't here. Even the Mickey Mouse waffle was a hit!
The decor was so thoughtfully done and so interesting to look at.
If everyone can make it, we can't wait to come back next year!
- Idyll by the Sea is an amazing place. The owners have done a spectacular
job with decorating and keeping this massive house in immaculate condition.
Everyone who stayed was very appreciative of your work and truly blown
away upon first sight. We cannot thank you enough.
- What an amazing place! Thank you for hosting us with this fantastic house!
We had a great time relaxing, playing games, beach combing, shopping
and eating fantastic food.
- I visited Idyll as part of a wedding party. My favorite moments were
catching crabs, watching my brother catch the ugliest fish ever, and
going boogie boarding and having my mom be better at it than me!
- The wedding on the beach was my favorite part. It was the most
beautiful wedding ever. I loved spending time with family, shopping,
and listening to the ocean. This home is unbelievable. The view is
spectacular. Everything is so organized and complete. It is decorated
with lovely taste. This is definitely a once in a lifetime experience.
- This place was an amazing venue to host our wedding and enjoy time with
each other and our guests. It FOR SURE exceeded all expectations. We
loved the master spa suite. Thank you!
- We came here for our annual Thanksgiving Reunion. We loved having our
annual family picture made in the Idyll By the Sea robes! We enjoyed
sitting around the outside fireplace and enjoying family stories.
- Donna housekeeper-very friendly and helpful
- The house is so beautiful that we met several people who stopped just to
ask questions about the house!
- Friendly neighbors
- All the merchants and wait staffs were friendly
- Donna was a doll !
- Donna, Paul, and Tina-all were wonderful I enjoyed talking with each of
them-even got a great recipe from Paul
- Everyone is soooo friendly!
- All of the locals were friendly & gracious.
- Lots of nice people on the beach, pier, and park... everywhere.
- Quartermasters and Just Baked
- Colleen's Corner was a great place for buying and trying on beautiful clothes and jewelry
- The Green Turtle; Crabby Mike's for kids
- Shark attack-good selection of beach close Pilot House (Wilmington)
- Atlantis to celebrate; and the Red Pepper Chinese is great;
- North Shore is a great course- Also try Beau Rivage... Banks Grayton is a
fantastic golf instructor
- Had a great dinner at Indigo Marsh-really good. Breakfast one morning at
Mollies in Surf City. Book/gift shop Quarter Moon. We bought out Food Lion
- Atlantis-wonderful Christopher's-wonderful; there is a lovely shell shop in
Surf City by the mini golf
- Riverside was really good for local fresh catch!
- II Beauchaines (very good), Riverview Cafe (very good), Sears Landing (great shrimp coconut soup),
Bike Rentals at Herring's Outdoor Sports.
- The Green Turtle (restaurant), the pier (up the street).
- The Porte-Cochere. Sitting around the beautiful fireplace with friends, family and wine.
- Mellow Mushroom & Asahi & Denoia's.
- We cooked a lot the first week including some fresh shrimp from the Shrimp Lady.
Skip the Breezeway - UGH. Molly's was slow. The Mellow Mushroom & Elijah's in Wilmington
were both great.
- We spent Sunday in Wilmington and found a fabulous exotic wood boutique
called Barouke while dodging the rain before dinner at The Pilot House.
One of our purchases included a juniper tree lamp that reminded me of
the lamp in the Tiki bedroom.
|Favorite Moments & Highlights|
- Sitting on your deck and walking the beach
- Arriving at the house and being overwhelmed/excited at the size and beauty;
watching the dolphins swim by and the pelicans fly over
- We especially enjoyed dining on the decks. One night our teenagers cooked
dinner and served us- they dressed in black just like waiters and
waitresses- it was so much fun!
- Watching sunsets and enjoying every moment in this amazing home. Thank you
- Watching the waves break from the porches
- Just Chillin'; walk on the beach with the dogs
- Michele at Just Baked Cakes in Surf City made a gorgeous cake that we all
- Oh goodness-every moment of each day. I get misty eyed thinking of how
special it was to see our family enjoying life and just being together in
this beautiful setting.
- Special dinner here catered by Keith-wonderful fish crab cakes clams special
chocolate cake champagne! Absolutely wonderful way to celebrate her 50th
anniversary kids came from all over the US the cousins had a great time
heading to know each other they don't want to break up and leave we don't
either. The house was perfect for families with young men's ranging from 21
to eight years
- The kids in the pool and hot tub-the ocean on the keyboards. The kids
playing board games due to no Xbox-woo hoo!!!
- So many memories that are just priceless; having all of my husband's
family there to celebrate his 50th was so special. I could not imagine
choosing any home above yours for such a special occasion as this -- nothing
- Our Lab thought he was in doggie heaven; boy did he love the ocean! He
would swim out with me and my youngest son as we boogie boarded the waves
back in; when he got back to where his feet could touch well, he just
jumped up and down in the shallow waves, ready to go again. He also
chose a huge seashell to sleep with each night; remarkably unexpected, but
- Sitting on the balcony listening to the waves and watching kids enjoy the beach.
- Jack's developing his ability to swim; Ellen's fearless approach to the ocean; Mykel's
enjoying everything; Jamie's thorough exhaustion; The tremendous beauty of this home!
- The ocean views. The baby's first time in a swimming pool, and her footprints in the sand!
Our dinner on the veranda. The poker tournament with Scrabble tiles.
- We had a wonderful visit and hope to return very soon. The week went by too quickly, and we are sad to depart.
- Spending time with my family. Lots and lots of laughs.
- We spent a lot of special time with family we don't see often.
- The peach and lavender sunrise each morning was breathtaking.
- R&R and enjoyed time with the dogs at the beach. Great place to relax and
watch the the porpoises, shrimp boats, and pelican "squadrons"
- Sat on the beach/used the pool: hot tub, sauna, enjoyed playing charades in
the HUGE family room, played in the waves, enjoyed the grill, perfected
Sully's (the dog) diving technique
- Relaxed- talked-swam-enjoyed nature- it was great
- Swam, collected shells and shark teeth, cooked, ate too much, walked on the
beach, played ping pong and pool many times- we also enjoyed the hot tub!
- Beach Beach Beach! We same, walked the beaches, and tried to catch crabs!
On the last day of our vacation ,we held, the "Idyll Olympics"-- the kids
had all kinds of games and contests set up- even the adults raced-
- Walks of beach; relaxing; golf!; day trip to Myrtle Beach
- Swimming ;surfing;, sunning; cooking gourmet meals, baking fabulous
desserts; playing bridge , hearts, Scrabble,; walking on the beach and
enjoying every moment.
- Spent time mostly on the beach and in the pool. We enjoy the house so much
we didn't want to go anywhere. We collected shells, rode on boogie boards;
lots of swimming
- We experienced a sister's 10th wedding anniversary, toasted a new couple,
observed and interacted with an enthusiastic three-year old. By the end of
the week, there were many adults acting like pirates ,boa constrictor's,
butterflies ,and other animal imagination games. The joy and love of
cooking gourmet meals... siblings and in-laws actively taking part in
preparation, consuming, and cleanup! Shells, the smiles, and miles of fun
thank you for all the thoughtful touches. Bon voyage!
- Enjoyed Christmas festivities, and relaxed with the family.
- We swam in the pool, played table tennis and pool, walked to the beach and
look for shells and shark teeth. We saw the new Raiders movie; we grilled
hot dogs and made S'mores over the fireplace on the screened-in porch;
watched movies; relaxed!
- Played lots of table tennis; some pool; had water fights in the pool; walk
the beach and picked up shells and shark teeth; played miniature golf; went
to the movie; watched movies( including a Winnie the Pooh we hadn't seen in
about 10 years! )
- Counted our blessings and made memories. It was just precious to watch my
mother-in-law put her feet in the ocean. Very touching to watch both of
them take in the ocean views every day. Not to mention they had their
entire family-children grandchildren and one great-grandchild all on
vacation together-truly a miracle in itself
- Played on the beach, rode bikes, played tennis, explored the area (1st time to Topsail),
read & rested.
- With weather like this and two small children, lots of time on the beach and at the pool. If
that weren't enough, we also got to cherish this wonderful home. Also visited the pier, park,
some local shops.
- Walked on the beach, swam in the ocean, swam in the pool, relaxed in the hot tub,
cooked (A Lot!!), played games, enjoyed several karaoke competitions.
- Played on the beach, pool, and relaxed! Cooked throughout week.
- Walked the beach -- the pier is farther away than it looks. We picked up shells &
sharks teeth. We swam, skim boarded, played Frisbee, pool & ping pong. We watched
movies & played Wii & board games. We saw Pirates III, toured the Battleship &
- Rented bikes and surfboards, played golf 4 days, walked the beaches,
ran the beaches, enjoyed sunrises and sunsets, hooked into your network,
plenty of scrabble, hearts, bridge and other games going on. We all learned
to swing dance too.
"5 Star Rental Accommodations. This house was by far the most pleasant,
CLEAN, user friendly home we have come across to date. As designer or 'Art
Director' for an upscale quarterly magazine, I get to see a lot of homes all
over the world. Most of the homes that we showcase are for sale, not for
rent. But if there is ever a slot for a 'how to' set up rental properties,
this home should be the bible."
- a comment from a guest at our Florida private pool home near Disney
Would you like to get to know us better? Read guest comments from some of
our other homes...
Idyll-by-the-Sea is a trademark of Carol Irvine · Copyright © 2023 Carol Irvine